Thứ Tư, 16 tháng 10, 2013

Toshiba Satellite S55-A5256NR 15.6-Inch Deals

By K. Roberts -(UK)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Toshiba Satellite S55-A5256NR 15.6-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue in Brushed Aluminum) (Personal Computers)
I bought this laptop recently to replace a 6 year old HP. I didn't have high expectations after reading about the difficulties of Windows 8 and problems with other laptops.

The negative: This Toshiba does not come equipped with a removable battery. I found it convenient to have extra batteries available with the old laptop. The battery life is okay with about 3 1/2 hours of simple computer use/internet browsing. However, the battery does drain when you simply close the screen (it dropped to 60% while closed for 24 hours).

The first time I tried to open the optical drive it didn't open. I had to use a paperclip to manually open it. Afterwards, it has opened automatically without any problems.

The positive: This laptop is fast. I'm not a gamer, so I can't say how it does with the latest games, but for everyday computing use it blows my old laptop out of the water. Webpages and software open quickly. The computer comes out of sleep mode almost instantly.

I was able to install my old software without a hitch. I am running Windows Office 2000 and QuickBooks 2003 without much difficulty. I run QB as an administrator to work at its best.

The backlit keyboard feature is useful and I like having the 10-key number pad. The touchpad is easy to use, even without the dedicated right/left buttons. There are two thin raised bars that help the fingers sense where to click for the respective buttons.

The Toshiba feels light, but sturdy.

There is little to no noise, much quieter than the old HP I used. The cooling fan seems to work efficiently as the area where my wrists rest while I type has stayed cool to the touch.

Overall, a good laptop for me. I would have rated it 5 stars had the battery been removable.

 By sizatt - (USA)
Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Toshiba Satellite S55-A5256NR 15.6-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue in Brushed Aluminum) (Personal Computers)
I love my new laptop. I couldn't be happier. It is taking some getting used to using windows 8, but it will come with time.
I love the back light feature on the keyboard. The screen is bright and I love the weight of the laptop, so light to carry.
Looking forward to many years with it,
By Oleg L. Frayman -(CA)

This review is from: Toshiba Satellite S55-A5256NR 15.6-Inch Laptop (Ice Blue in Brushed Aluminum) (Personal Computers)
Good laptop for a student, last generation processor:

Con: windows 8 is horrible, wireless will require for you to download latest firmware from Toshiba. This laptop does not have touchscreen making Windows 8 very difficult to use.

Thanks

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét